Thursday, March 4, 2010

GROWING OLD WITH MY THREE BOYS

Now that im 41 years old lots of things changed, my sleeping habit, my eating habit has become a hobby, from 3 meals a day now it increased to 5, and the worst part I cant't sleep without finishing a glass of coke. I don't exercise but if you see me suddenly looking thin it's just I had been finishing lots of projects for my tutees, my tutees and not my boys, what I mean by it, my sons. Now that my Dindin will be on his senior year coming June Im just praying and hoping he can come up with passing grades so that I can march for his graduation, my DJ on his junior year I hope he can be patient learning the figures and numbers when it comes to his elective in Math, and of course my little Onei who will be a freshman student Im excited but scared as well. The three of them will be in high school this opening school year and coping up with the finances I leave it all to the Lord as my real provider, I just hope that my voice won't be irritated when I have to wake them up in the morning since Onei is my real problem in terms of waking up early in the morning, with DJ, his the cook ,he knows his responsibility with the alarm of the clock he just wakes up and cook the rice courtesy of the rice cooker, with Dindin you have to wait for him to finish his bath for almost half an hour and if it gots worst he can stay on the bathroom for forty five minutes, and when they all finished their breakfast it seems you want to go back to bed again honestly I sometimes go to bed again hehehe....and then they have to kiss me before they go to school. Now that they're all grown ups I tend to get nostalgic everytime my Dindin combs his hair, Im not boasting but if he can sleep early everynight and gain more weight he is really goodlooking, I remember the first time I knew he had a girlfriend older than him, I can't get mad but have to accept the fact that it is very normal and I can't suppress his emotions, hurray...more hurrays it ended after one year, then I saw the second and the third girlfriend, well its still normal but I will be an abnormal mother if he comes home and tells me he will leave me for his girfriend, sad to say I had done that to my father, I pray "Oh God spare my sons from being like me when they fall in love...please...please". But I know four more years my two sons whose beside me in bed will eventually leave the room and decide to have their own, and then one day they will stop kissing me when they go, and they will be whispering their secrets, now they're starting to do it, and my Dindin will hide his cellphone where I won't find it. At times I felt so tired of raising my kids alone the only consolation I can get is seeing their faces because they are all goodlooking well it's the only thing I'm grateful to their father, they have his eyes, cheeks and nose, at least they got his looks. Having my three sons made me feel a complete woman, I think I had raised them well because they don't talk that much even if Im the gabby type of person, i thought them that men should be different from women, men should talk less and if they talk it should comes with sincerity, I plead them not to fool girls who will fall for them and never to take advantage of others kindness, I know sometimes they are lazy and they would play computer then spend time fixing or cleaning the house, but I'm still thankful because the mere look of my angry eyes they would understand...the raising of my voice means they forget to do something that I asked them to do, and the good thing is a nice movie on HBO is a good bonding for us everynight, having them in my bed makes me feel happy, seeing them talking to each other about the latest music makes me feel good, and seeing them helping each others homeworks because I'm too tired after doing homeworks for some of my tutees makes me proud of them. They are my source of strength, my priorities, my life, marrying their father might be a mistake, I had my misgivings and he had his, but I always tell my sons a good man is one who respects the dignity of a woman, no matter what her status is , whether she is the president or she is a prostitute, every woman has her own story to tell, and we can't judge her for her mistakes, a good man never raises her voice or calls a woman foul names, and a real man works hard to earn and share it with the worthy ones, and that success is not base on how much you have, but on how you treat your least fortunate brothers. I always remind my sons to remember their date with the Lord every Sundays, before when I pray at night I would always seek the Lord's knowledge that he can help me with my sons education since I don't have a fix income but now as they grow older the only thing I ask the Lord is that when they wake up every morning they will think and thank Him and they will continue saying graces before and after meals, and that they will have the faith and courage to face life with a good heart and too much fear from their Creator. I brought my sons pains that I never hate to admit and I always asked for their forgiveness at night when I go to sleep, and in my heart I will always be grateful that are starting to understand the mistakes that I had with my past, truly growing old with them scares me no more, and when the day will come that they have to live their own life I must say I had done my part, loving and raising them was the best part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment